Friday, August 19, 2011

New Geek Toys on Their Way

This week I dropped the hammer on a Dell E6320 i5 laptop, and a Samsung Galaxy S II.

They both should arrive early next week, so I might do some unboxing pics and a bit of a review.

The E6320 will work with my E-Port Plus docking station, 13.3" screen, i5 2.5GHz (+ 'turbo'), 4BG RAM and a spinny hard disc and cost $728 delivered.
Plan for the Dell is to install my 64GB SSD, install Ubuntu 10.04LTS install, with W7 32bit running in Virtualbox. I'll also run a 1.5TB Seagate FreeAgent with eSata transfer adapter to carry data.

The SGSII is a 1.2GHz Android device with 2GB of internal storage.
Plan for the SGSII is Oxygen ROM install. Should be pretty swift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use information found here at your own risk!!

Hopefully you'll be more interested in my other blog... motorbikes, beer and stuff...