Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Oxygen 2.2 Released Today

UPDATE: 3rd August 2011.
A new hboot for Oxygen 2.2 can be found here, see post #16.
Direct link is here, and md5sum.

Adam Green release Oxygen 2.2 today over at the Oxygen forum... here's what he has to say about the release:



This update of Oxygen contains the newly released Android 2.3.5 (GRJ90).
New settings have been adding to the Browser for full screen, reflow on pinch zoom, turning zoom controls on/off and changing the user agent.
Long press volume controls has been enabled permanently and the OxygenSettings application has been cleaned up to reflect these changes.
A new addition to Launcher2 has also been added to allow quick uninstall with shortcuts now and also MMS issues have been resolved thanks to renan-.
All the Google Apps have been updated to GRJ90 and I have included the new version of Gmail and the new version of Android Market.
I didn't have time to make some of the changes I had wished to implement in this version as I've had a hectic personal life recently and I have been using what free time I had to work on support for the SGS2, I had hoped to completely redo the UI on OxygenSettings and add some other modifications to the ROM.
All builds have also been changed to odex.
I will do another update in the near future.

I've just installed Oxygen 2.2 from an older 2.1.x release on my GSM HTC Desire, and right away I had a failure. When booting, it stalled on the boot image (normally your carrier image). Previously I'd installed the Oxygen specific hboot round here... a quick investigation revealed that Oxygen 2.2 will end up about 11MB too big for the /system partition on the 100MB /system hboot.

The problem was quickly solved by using the CM7 release 2 partition table supplied by alpharev, installed with fastboot using the instructions on the alpharev website. I did do a factory wipe, and wiped both cache and dalvik-cache.

Now, I am happy to report that Oxygen 2.2 appears to be stable and fast. If you're using a stock hboot (you'll know if you changed it), then Oxygen 2.2 should install no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use information found here at your own risk!!

Hopefully you'll be more interested in my other blog... motorbikes, beer and stuff...